Preliminary Scientific Program | Faculty | Registration Rates
Innovations in Neuromodulation - 6 June 2015 | Hotel Information
New! First INS & CNS Cadaver Workshop - 7 June 2015 | Application Form
Congress News Center | Call for Abstracts
Commercial Supporters | Exhibitor Prospectus | Montreal Tourism
Pre-Registration for the INS Congress has closed.
If you have not yet registered for the Congress, please register on site in Montreal. The registration desk will open as of Friday evening, June 5th, at 17:00-19:00 and will remain open through the Congress at the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth Hotel. If you have already registered and have a question about your registration, please contact the INS Congress registrar.
Dear INS Members and Friends of the Society,
On behalf of the International Neuromodulation Society’s Scientific Committee, we are honored to present to you the scientific program of the INS 12th World Congress, which will take place at the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth Hotel in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, on 6-11 June 2015.
The program, “Neuromodulation: Medicine Evolving Through Technology,” emphasizes our field’s transformative force on the treatment of disease states – how it is approached now and how it will be in the not too distant future. Showcasing leading edge research from our colleagues in the Canadian Neuromodulation Society and from INS members around the globe, sessions on neuromodulation for pain, as well as for conditions of the neurological, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, urological and other systems are offered in this dynamic program.
The main congress format will feature plenary lectures, panel discussions, and concurrent, thematic breakout sessions, leaving ample space in the program to highlight exciting new research through oral poster presentations.
With the registration system now open, we encourage you to register now.
- Due to the Formula One Grand Prix Race taking place in Montreal on June 5-7, 2015, we highly recommend that you book your flights and finalize your accommodation as soon as possible.
- Also, citizens of certain countries and territories need a visa to enter Canada. Visa processing times vary from country to country, so please check the Canadian Government's website and apply for a Visa, if necessary, well in advance of your trip. Also, those traveling from outside of Canada, including the United States, will need a valid passport to enter.
Along with the members of the executive committee including Drs. Marc Russo, Fabian Piedimonte, Robert Levy, Michel Prudhomme, Ali Rezai and Konstantin Slavin, we look forward to seeing you in Montreal!
Timothy Deer, MD
Chair, 2015 INS Congress
Simon Thomson, MBBS, FRCA, FIPP, FFPMRCA
Co-Chair, 2015 INS Congress
Pre-Conference: Innovations in Neuromodulation
Pre-Conference: Understanding the Mechanisms of Action of Neurostimulation and SCS Responder Identification
Welcome Reception in the Evening
- Monday - Thursday, 8 - 11 June
Main INS Congress
Congress Learning Objectives
1. Describe the bioengineering challenges and solutions at the neural interface, fundamentals and mechanisms of action of neuromodulation.
2. Discuss new scientific data and clinical guidelines to improve patient selection and treatment outcomes for neuromodulation.
3. Identify potential benefits, limitations and complications of neuromodulation therapies.
4. Critically appraise scientific literature and scientific research in the fields of neuromodulation, interventional pain medicine and functional neurosurgery.
5. Analyze and understand psychiatric factors affecting outcomes in the treatment of chronic pain, movement disorders, and cognitive disorders.
6. Discuss and analyze the anatomy and physiology of the central CNS, peripheral and autonomic nervous systems to assist in patient selection, target selection and likelihood of therapeutic success.
7. Discuss the uses of devices for functional electrical stimulation including rehabilitation of motor loss, loss of sensory function, and loss of cognitive function.
8. Describe emerging neuromodulation therapies and associated research in that medical field of neuromodulation.
9. Distinguish mechanisms of disease states such as complex regional pain syndrome, refractory angina and visceral pain syndromes and explain the current position of neuromodulation in these conditions.
10. Explain the many variations now available for spinal cord stimulation for pain and how to select the appropriate technology.
11. Describe the increasing application of neuromodulation for chronic heart disease.
12. Explain the scientific merit for the use of intrathecal drug infusions including patient selection, drug selection and complication management.
14. Critically appraise research methodology in neuromodulation and recognise how evolving treatment guidelines and registries are important.
15. Apply the increasing knowledge base for neuromodulation in a wide variety of chronic illness management.
16. Explain how cancer pain management has evolved into managing the pain of cancer survivors and recognize the growing need for neuromodulation solutions.
Previous INS Congresses
Giant in Neuromodulation Awards
Future INS and Chapter events can be found under "Events", also view individual Chapter Pages for information.
Previous Congress Supporters & Exhibitors
Who Will Attend?
The 12th World Congress of the INS is expected to bring clinicians, scientists, bioengineers and members of Industry from all over the world to Montreal, Canada. With the addition of new, emerging chapters, participants are anticipated from all five continents and attendance is expected to surpass 1,300.
INS & CNS Cadaver Workshop
Click here to apply to participate in the INS & CNS cadaver course. Few spaces remain so please apply by the 26th of May to attend.
On-Site Registration Hours
The Congress registration desk on the mezzanine level is open on:
Friday, June 5, 17.00-19.00
Sat-Wed, June 6-10, 07.30-18.00
Thursday, June 11, 07.30-14.30
The official language of the INS Congress is English.
Continuing Medical Education
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of Blackwell Futura Media Services and the International Neuromodulation Society. Blackwell Futura Media Services is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Blackwell Futura Media Services designates this live activity for a maximum of 37.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada substantive equivalency
UEMS/EACCME CME credit recognition
CME Mission Statement
The International Neuromodulation Society promotes improvement in patient health care by providing physicians and allied health care professionals with high quality, evidence-based educational activities focusing on advances in the field of neuromodulation; basic, translational and clinical research; new technology; and global health care. The overarching goals are to enhance learners’ knowledge, competence and performance to improve patient access, selection, safety and clinical outcomes.
Hotel & Congress Venue
Fairmont Queen Elizabeth Hotel
900 Rene Levesque Blvd. W
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Map and Directions
As the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth Hotel is sold-out on some of the Congress nights, all hotel reservation inquiries and requests to be added to the wait list should be directed to the congress registration team as follows.
General congress attendees contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Invited faculty members contact: email@example.com
INS Congress Hotel Information
Vanern Enterprises, Inc.
For registration and hotel reservation related questions, please contact the
INS Congress Registrar.
Exhibition and Support
The INS Congress presents a unique opportunity to meet with a diverse, international community of over 1,300 neuromodulation specialists and future implanters. To reserve exhibit space and confirm support, please complete the form in the Prospectus. All requests will be addressed on a first-come-first served basis, upon receipt of the signed application form and deposit. Click here to view a list of previous supporters.